How many of us see ourselves as babies or children of the NHS? The vast majority of us will at some time or another have received fantastic care from the staff and doctors in our NHS. There are still others around who may remember what life was like before the NHS. Our National Health Service is a great resource for us particularly when our needs are the greatest when a relative or ourself is sick. Here at CAFOD we want to see everyone, irrespective of where they live or how well off they are, receive the best possible care.
Thanks to the help and support of the people of our Catholic Community in England and Wales CAFOD over the last 50 years has been able to bring health care to thousands of people who would otherwise be unable to access health care. Thank you for your support and your prayers. they really does make a difference.
“Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.” — Unknown
Volunteer with CAFOD today in the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle.
There are opportunities in the following roles:
- Parish Volunteer to assist your PP with our Lent and Harvest Family Fast Day, emergencies, campaigns, parish fundraising for CAFOD
- Education Volunteers to visit our Catholic Primary and Secondary Schools in the diocese
- Office Volunteers to undertake admin and other office duties
- Member of Parliament Correspondents (MPC’s) to build a relationship with your local MP and writing to her/him up to three times a year
- Communications Volunteer who will write press releases, blogs and tweets and give the occasional radio interview
These are just a few examples of the ways in which you can volunteer some of your spare time, putting your faith into action.
Come and join our Share the Journey Walk of 3.5 miles. We begin at 10.00am at Our Lady & St Joseph’s Church, St Michael’s Avenue, New Hartley. We will walk along the coastal path.
All are welcome. Come and join us so that we can add to CAFOD’s total miles. Let’s walk around the world twice! Be in solidarity with our sisters and brothers forced to flee their homes. Pray, Reflect and sign our campaign card urging governments to protect the rights and dignity of refugees.